Editor: Wavosaur is a free Audio Editor. You can record your audio, edit and process your files very easily and quickly.
You have all the basic features:
- cut, copy, paste, mix, trim/crop
- normalize, fade, mute, "vocal remover", etc.
- channel convert, resample.
And advanced features:
- Loop points support, markers.
- analysis tools : 2D & 3D spectrum, statistics, sonogram.
- Simple synthesis generators
Wavosaur provides a rack for VST effects so you can use VST plugins, this means unlimited possibility for sound designing, mastering, and all audio manipulations in real time.
Wavosaur imports wav, aiff, iff, mp3 and raw binary files.
The Batch processor lets you process many files at once.
The soft can also be controlled with a MIDI control surface.
The development is active, and donations are welcome.
Wavosaur teamInterviewOld news
Quick HelpFAQ TutorialsForum
New in version 188.8.131.52
- Display engine ram usage optimized
- Memory leakage removed
- Paste mono is now supported for multichannel files
+ Export file as binary added:
- 8,16,24,32,64 bits support, float, pcm and Little and big endian
- no header or chunk added, just raw datas
+ New 3D Frequency editor:
- independent window with menu, toolbar and status bar
- new 3D and color representation
- increase computation speed and display
- mouse support to rotate the current view
- zoom in/out
- Time format (time bar and status bar) is now global and saved in cfg file
- VST host tempo added in editor configuration dialog box
- VST rack slot full replaced by replacing command
- Various icon bugs fixed
- SamplePos now supported (VstTimeInfo)
- Amplitude zoom short cut added Ctrl+up or down arrow
- unlimited undo!
- behavior and ram usage improved
- lots of action are now "undoable": marker and loop position, volume enveloppe etc.
- Bit depth converter dialog box bug fixed
- Save and Save as engine recoded
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in Wavosaur 184.108.40.206
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.